Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie
The Jewish holiday of Shavuot starts this weekend so how about a new pie recipe! Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie!
I love this one because it’s completely no-bake, which is perfect for these 90+ degree days. No baking, no water bath, no dirtying up a half dozen mixing bowls. For this recipe, I made a homemade crust (it came out a bit too thick though), but I just mixed 1 1/2 cups of almond flour, about 1/3 cup of softened butter and few tablespoons of sweetener and pressed it into a greased pie plate. But let’s make this even easier and use a store-bought pie crust.
The filling is just cream cheese (but make sure you plan ahead and leave it on your counter for a few hours to soften), sour cream (because I love the tanginess it brings), peanut butter and sweetener. Topped with strawberry jelly (you can use either homemade or store-bought) and whipped cream! This dessert certainly tastes like childhood. You could even be EXTRA and drizzle chocolate sauce over the top. #YUM.
And that’s all she wrote. An easy, no-bake pie, perfect for those hot summer nights, for Shavuot or really anytime of the year.
Chag Sameach, ya’ll!
Click here for more Shavuot recipes!
- 1 9-inch Graham Cracker Pie Crust Or make your own! I combined 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 1/3 cup of softened butter and 2 tbsp. sugar substitute and pressed that into a pie plate!
- 1 Package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar I use the brand Swerve, for a sugar-free alternative
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter I like the Kirkland brand from Costco since it's just peanuts and salt - no other additives!
- 2 cups Strawberry Jelly I used Walden Farms brand which is sugar-free
- 2 cups Whipped Cream
- Chopped peanuts for garnish Optional
In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sour cream, peanut butter and powdered sweetener. The consistently will look like mousse.
Spoon into the pie crust, spread a thick layer of strawberry jelly and whipped cream
Cover and chill in the fridge for a few hours or up to overnight
Add some chopped peanuts as garnish and serve cold. YUM!